1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheaper option for RS7 B7 brakes

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by docurley, Apr 23, 2009.

1. docurley

docurley Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Apr 23, 2009]
    Well like all things I'm always looking at keep cost down and maintenance cost.

So I decided I wanted to go B7 RS4 callipers and replace my B5 RS4 setup which I had on my B5. One of the advantages with the B6 platform is that I do not need to replace the uprights and the setup bolts straight on.

So what was my issue!!!

Cost of the setup for starter.

Callipers £700-£800 new and around £350-£500 used
    Disc around £500 (ebay) +
    and brake pads around £150+

So when you consider you can pick-up B5 RS4 Callipers and discs for around £200 SH and mintex pads for £25 and I have to say they work really well it a big cost to justify.

So what am I at!

Well I picked up some calliper for £350 with carriers and brake lines and thought I could always sell them if I did not want them and I have sourced brake pads for £70 and a pair of SH brake disc's for £50 so a grand cost of £470.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Based on the fact the disc look shagged I am having a company look at making disc and bells to match the B7 RS4 disc and with the cheaper brake pads make this a cheap upgrade and cheap to maintain.

So tell me what you think.

Now the disc are ment to have so life still in them but to be honest I bought them for a template
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 23, 2014]

3. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Apr 23, 2009]
    I don't know much at all about this in all honesty, but it sounds like you have got the calipers at a good price anyway. So it all hinges on the cost and longevity of the discs you get made up - but I'm sure you have looked into that.

The pads you have found for £70 - is that a pattern pad for the original B7 RS4 calipers then?
  4. J7USS

J7USS Shuddup Foooool!!

[Apr 23, 2009]
    If you ask me, you done bloody well. They look mint & thats Cheap for B7 RS4's.
    Did you get them like that?? or gave them a good clean first.

With just the caliper sitting behind your wheel is going to look just toooooo imtimidating.
    A caliper with a touch of Roids :respekt:...I want some!