cheap turbo upgrade or not?

I hope you aren't assuming its a bolt on upgrade as its not...... I would avoid tbh...

<tuffty/>

its T25 flanged, yours is 3 bolt Borg Warner flanged... so new exhaust manifold
Its different outlet, 5 bolt, so new downpipe also req'd
new TIP required
larger injectors req'd
large maf required

etc etc etc

and for that money its not a garrett turbo, more like a chinese copy with the potential reliability question that brings

A3 or S3?

Exhaust manifold, downpipe, maybe injectors, mods to the charge pipe, mods to the intake, stage 3 map... maybe rods... doesn't look water cooled from the description which is a downgrade in my book and if its roller bearing rather than journal bearing then you would need a oil restricter if there isn't one supplied with the kit as the std turbo uses a high pressure oil feed whereas ball bearing turbos don't... then you would prob need custom oil feed pipe and to mod the oil drain depending on what manifold you went for...

<tuffty/>

ive got an A3 1.8TQ its been stage 2'd but im really bored of it lol. was looking at either a mini cooper S or upgrade the car a bit more. what kind of price would i be looking at to have a garrett fitted?
spoke to JBS autodesigns and they told me £3500 fitted! which in my opinion sounded a hell of alot!
also ive heard the 1.8TQ's came with a K03S turbo? i fitted a forge intake pipe and i am pretty sure when fitting it i have a K03!

CHEAP! better off going for another car! does the K04 make alot of difference? and what kind of price would i be looking at?

There is a K03 hybrid (uses K04 internals) which is a better option as it fits onto your existing manifold and downpipe, you will need S3 injectors, S3 MAF, silicon TIP with adaptors for the S3 MAF, cone filter for the S3 MAF and stage 3 mapping... still looking at over 2k for that lot plus fitting...

Also recommended you do the rods too if you want to run higher boost...

You could also try and source the K04 and required parts from someone doing a BT conversion or from ebay but you will still need stage 3 mapping...

<tuffty/>

ive got an A3 1.8TQ its been stage 2'd but im really bored of it lol. was looking at either a mini cooper S or upgrade the car a bit more. what kind of price would i be looking at to have a garrett fitted?
spoke to JBS autodesigns and they told me £3500 fitted! which in my opinion sounded a hell of alot!
also ive heard the 1.8TQ's came with a K03S turbo? i fitted a forge intake pipe and i am pretty sure when fitting it i have a K03!

for a real high 200's, and slightly more than an S3 will do, a K03/4 hybrid will be lower cost for you.
Welcome to CRTurbos do these on exchange.
supporting mods being silicon tip, 370cc injectors, 3" downpipe, induction, fmic.. and of course a map to suit

on ibiza's these make 260-275bhp on my dyno, where S3's make 260bhp max (so far on stock k04)