Cheap servicing quote from Audi - is this right?

Monsoon

Reaction score
Should probably put this in the servicing thread but it's more a general query rather than specifically about quotes.

Just called around for 3rd AVS service, due in a couple of weeks. Most quotes are around the £160 to £220 mark, but Huntingdon Audi have quoted £99. The chap I spoke to directed me to the Audi website (http://www.audi.co.uk/audi/uk/en2/owners_area/Servicing_with_Audi/pricing.html) saying this is a nationwide deal for all cars over 3 years old. I've booked the car in but looking at this website it seems that it is more for cars on fixed service schedule, as, for example, it doesn't include a new pollen filter which is a standard part of every AVS service. Also, why didn't any of the other dealers I called direct me to this? Anyone any ideas? Thanks.

I think you are correct, they quoted you for the fixed interim service.

"Interim service includes oil change, oil filter change, health and safety check"

Bearing in mind what the service includes, I certainly would not expect it to be any more than £99.

The major service (£199) adds air filter and fuel filter for an extra £100..

Also, why didn't any of the other dealers I called direct me to this? Anyone any ideas? Thanks.

Cause most stealers dont know there **** from there elbow mate, they havnt got a clue about the deals going on & why would they specifically advise about the deal when they can charge twice as much on standard rates outside of the deal, if you asked then they would magically remember or say "oh really, we didnt know about this, it must be a new deal just out that hasnt filtered down to us yet", lol, same old game just different spins