Cheap Replacment MAF units.

MingBluS3

Reaction score
I was told that a MAF unit can be bought new for 75 quid. these are not reconditioned or old exchange units. These are apparently from a supplier.

only ever heard of service replacements for around that cost, and seems only some audi dealerships offer it.

i got a brand new replacement on an exchange basis from VW /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Have a mate that works in the parts department so got it cheap enough /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
PaulS3 said:
only ever heard of service replacements for around that cost, and seems only some audi dealerships offer it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also heard this, think it was round £75 exchange....
Also the stealer don't like avertising the fact.

My Independent Audi dealer supplied a new MAf sensor took the old one and fitted it, £75 only for the part.

I already have an Exchange MAF which i got for 75 quid. When i was at the Rolling Road Meet at AMD they said my car was running flat but still putting out the correct power the torque drops of higer into the revs and generally feels crap still. Anyway they suggested i change the MAF, i told them i had already changed the MAF about 4 months ago. Apparenlty they have experienced on quite a few occasions that the MAF is still faulty even thought it shows no errors. I must admit that when i changed the MAF i did not notice much difference, i just assumed an exchange MAF would be perfect. I'm hoping i'm wrong and am looking to buy a brand spanking new one to eliminate that completley.

So is an exchange MAF a reconditioned one, rather than a brand new one?

Reconditioned one from Audi is about £75 + vat.

OK, thanks Gambba, I'll look out for that dot.
Since I've done 75k miles now, I think the readings on the MAF could be poor and a replacement might bring back the acceleration that seems to have faded away over the miles..

Yes. It's simply a printed board, that you can either spray with some electro cleaner whilst it's still in the housing or remove it and soak it in some cleaner.

I checked with Audi today as I need a new MAF, and also long as you have an original MAF they will exchange it for £91.86 incl VAT.