Cheap LED sidelight bulbs - not impressed.

Little_Si

Reaction score
Bought some LED sidelight bulbs from ultraleds - £7.64 inc delivery. However, they give a blueish light which I'm not impressed with. Check pics below with LED bulb and normal bulb.

LED%20Bulb.jpg

LED%20Comparison.jpg

I preferred the look of the original bulb, so am going to ditch the new ones.

Make sure you know what you are getting before you buy.

Ive seen others on here with LED bulbs which are white and no blue tint- those look nice.

Mine are the white type ones, but they were expensive PIAA ones at about £20 a pair, they have lasted 2 cars and about 2yrs so far (fingers Xed)

hey i got some blue ones as well but they were dirt cheap £1.99 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif But really not worth it though, as they simply looked crap. Best sort of side bulbs are the Blue ones from Halfords.

They have a slight (very slight) hint of blue and are alot brighter than those mate!!

i bought some a while ago from ultraleds and they were SH*T!!! i had to modify the damn things for them to fit (despite them being the correct type) and then not all the LED's worked.

Speak to 'cage' mate... His are much better!

Rich

Hi there,

How easy are these sidelights to fit, can remember looking at the main Xenons and thinking I really shouldn't be playing with them, are they in the same unit?

Ant

The sidelight holders in the headlight can be a pain in the rear end to take out. I have taken a few mm of skin off doing it.

we supply LEDs too off all sort... i agree there are some cheap ones around!