Cheap(er) parts?

Vertigo1

Reaction score
Ok, so as per my other thread, Audi are wanting to charge me circa £400 for parts for my wing mirror, which constitutes merely the glass, a new cap and the indicator lens.

I know their prices are usually steep but this is a disgrace to be honest. If that's just for those few bits, how much would a whole unit be, £6-700?, that means both wing mirrors would account for over 5% of the total cost of the car, which is farcical.

I appreciate that some bits, like the dimming glass, aren't cheap but these prices are obviously being marked up a huge amount.

Does anyone know any sources for cheaper parts? I know I could try a breaker's but I'd likely have to get the mirror re-painted (unless I was very lucky with colour) and the chances of finding one with dimming glass in it are remote too so I don't really see the point.

Remind me which parts you need exactly.

i work for Audi in parts and can see if i can get them a bit cheaper for you mate?

Thanks for the links - the first one isn't the right model, mine are the very latest shape which fold at an angle. The second link is no good as it's a lease car so I need genuine Audi parts.

NHN/Luke - Need the casing (or cap as Audi call it), including the indicator lens (it works but the plastic is cracked), which will need painting Lava Grey and also the glass, which is heated and dimming and for which Audi were quoting £190+ alone! :(

would you be prepared to pm me your chassis number mate and i can have a look tomorrow for you?