Cheap eBay coilovers. How crap are they?

boya

Reaction score
Basicailly I am looking for a coilovers kit when I came accross these on eBay, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/COILOVER-AUDI...arParts_SM?hash=item3a581d06f7#ht_4103wt_1156 I was just wondering how poo are they? Reading the discription you do get a warranty with them So they can't be that bad can they? I am not really a fast driver and usually have my daughter in the car so am only after looks really (LOW) what do you guys think? The car is a 2003 b6 2.5 tdi FWD

There giving a 3 year manufacture guarantee 2 year warranty and advertising for track set up wether they honour this i dont no but nice glossy advert!

NO .... You buy cheap crap and you will regret it

These are not a well known brand, they are not going to be high end due the price of them. But if you feel that a bargin is to be had go for it..

Let me get this right. You want to modify your suspension. but only for appearance. You aren't too concerned how well or badly the car will handle or ride afterwards, so long as it's nice and low. You are considering doing it on the cheap, and this is car in which you transport a child.

Does that just about sum it up?

i have to agree with jeff mate safty first your putting your life and your kids lifes in this stuff pay a bit more if need be.
and not only will you be safer but your car will be right too.

I'd just get some lowering springs for that price, then add some shocks in the future when funds allow.

i had a feeling that someone would bring that up, i am assuming tht no one would sell "dangerous" suspension, or am i sadly mistaken? as in parts snapping off rediculous amounts of under / oversteer etc i would class as dangerous. what i ment was will i be relying on the warranty all the time to sort stuff out? think al give them a miss anyway :icon_thumright:

id like to say no some one would not sell any thing that is dangerous but sadly there are some out there that do.
im not saying the ones you looked at is one of them but do your home work mate just to be safe more so as god for bid
some thing happend your car inscur would hit you hard too.

Or.....................just stick bigger wheels on it so they fill the arches and make it look meatier. Just a thought...