1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cheap chinese carbon fibre

tony_220turbo Dec 11, 2013

1. tony_220turbo

tony_220turbo New Member

Having bought a sport and not an s line the one thing thats majorly missing is a spoiler! After some google and ebay searching I came across real carbon fibre oettinger copy from singapore but being a bit of a believer in you get what you pay for I was warey. Some more googling and reading I decided to take a punt, it saved painting costs and as my car is lava grey it wouldnt be to noticable. After a month to get delivered I was pretty shocked when it arrived as its perfect so heres some pics for anyone thinking of getting one but worried

Attached Files:

2. Muzza80

Muzza80 Well-Known Member

Seen this online and thought it looked good!

3. immo

immo Stop me

Nice one

4. tony_220turbo

tony_220turbo New Member

5. Tom5190

Tom5190 Active Member

Interested to see how it holds up to sunlight & weathering, most of the cheaper ones I've seen have started fading and had some small problems with the lacquer and clear coat. But on something like a spoiler with such a small area i'm thinking its probly not going to. I've only seen it on doors/bonnets/roof panels. Keep us updated, looks really good!

6. manor13

manor13 Active Member

give it coat of sealant or wax with UV protection and that may help or pre fit get it laquered.

7. Paulc33

Paulc33 Member

Like that. What was the cost? I have a lava grey 3 door and would love a spoiler for that.

8. tony_220turbo

tony_220turbo New Member

It was £124 delivered once id paid import tax :) think this one is just for the sportback though

9. Paulc33

Paulc33 Member

That's a shame. Nice spoiler for the money.

10. TDI_TIM

TDI_TIM Top Gear

Hi,

What was the name of the ebay seller / link to the add?

11. tony_220turbo

tony_220turbo New Member

The name on ebay was mrcarcar I did post a link but it didnt come up!