1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheap 18" rs4 reps :(

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by andya3turbo, May 19, 2012.

1. andya3turbo

andya3turbo Member

I won 4 18" rs4 reps on the bay last october and listing stated no cracks or buckles wheels run smooth they just need a refurb which i thought i will have a go at, ended up paying 180 for them and when i got them 2 were buckled and 1 had a crack :shrug:, i had let a set of genuine rs4s go for 280 2 hours before sure its £100 pound difference but would i have had all the problems i had with the Italy cheapo's, after doing a bit of searching i read the rs4s do buckle easily. I am just wondering if anybody on here has had this problem with rs4s, they look great on the car and would love another set

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. sportquattro

sportquattro Active Member

Did you send them back and get a refund as they were not as described?

4. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost!
    Staff Member Moderator quattro Audi S3

With the state of UKs roads today, it's not uncommon to have buckled or cracked alloys. I've seen no evidence to state that replica alloys buckle easier than genuine ones. Quality of the paint finish might be of concern on replicas. Remember when Audi released the B5 RS4 with OEM Genuine Magnesium wheels that was prone to buckling? Explain that to me??

I've had at least 10 sets of replica wheels since passing my driving test in 1994, and I have only managed to buckle my current set going over the mother of all potholes! Rebalanced it and whacked it on the rear now.

Of course if you purchased yourself a set of BBS or OZ rims, they are going to be stronger and lighter, but you get what you pay for.

5. S4 Muzza

S4 Muzza oww! my giant blue head!

all four of my rstt's have a slight buckle! nothing major though and they're balanced accordingly. i've convinced myself that four wrongs make a right.....

6. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost!
    Staff Member Moderator quattro Audi S3

Are they genuine or replicas? :uhm:

7. S4 Muzza

S4 Muzza oww! my giant blue head!

replica's, they were on the car when i got it. so far tyre wear is even though and i dont get any real vibration through the steering wheel (up to 70...) so cant be too bad. when i had the new tyres fitted each wheel was put back on a specific corner, to counter the buckle i guess??? and i've had no problems. got the old avus's in the garage ready to go just in case, but they dont look anywhere near as good as the rstt's imho

8. Rich196

Rich196 Member

Cheap reps? I got a set of mint genuine RS4 for £120 hehe not to bad. They will be up for sale again once I have mine refurbed :)

9. Ianb4310

Ianb4310 Member

Hi rich I'm after a set of those let me know when and how much
    Cheers
    Ian