Charge cooling by water injection anyone?

[ QUOTE ]
Im gettin to like all this carbon, do like the roof on that color,You can get a carbon shell now to fit on your M3 roof, at first I thought no, leave it to the CSL, but I dont know now, its growing on me , carbon is well in at the mo and likely to get real popular in the future!!

The c/f roof ( shell) that you stick on somehow is around £800 ish, expensive but I bet someones done it already and like the CSL could look real cool!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the CF roof was exclusively manufactured by BMW Landshut Plant and thought is would cost much, much more than 800 quid ? Maybe I'm wrong.

[ QUOTE ]
its not £150K, it's 150,000 EURO's, but still that's about £98K Sterling /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Ah, those were the days, when the pound was strong. At today's rate, 150000 Euros = 105352 pounds. Even at that price, they are taking the p*ss.

Hi all.
Does anyone have any knowledge of these systems or use one?
The idea makes sense but they seem little discussed.
I'm sure I've seen impressive gains in bhp claimed before.
Are they used in motorsport at all?
Cheers.

cossies used them i the 80's as homologation with the rally cars, and jabbasport i believe use them now on their turbo conversions

they used it in motor sport to get added cooling when they have tight restrictions on things like turbo sizes, cooler sizes and things like that.

it should never be used instead of adescent cooler. last resort in my view