1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changing the instrument cluster on an S3

Discussion in 'General Technical / How To' started by jgrand, Jun 17, 2004.

1. jgrand

jgrand Member

[Jun 17, 2004]
    I have just bought a new instrument cluster for my S3 as a couple of lines in the DIS display are missing. I have instructions on how to change the cluster but have heard that I need Audi to recode the new unit to my car (or something like that) otherwise I won't be able to start it. I saw posted on here that a guy with an A6 just swapped the clusters and had no problems.

Even if I need to get Audi to do something to the cluster and/or car, can I temporarily swap the units to check that the new cluster works properly? I don't want to end up in the sitation where, because I've swapped the clusters, I have a problem with my car due to it not recognizing either cluster.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 16, 2014]

3. Gambba

Gambba Active Member

[Jun 17, 2004]
    Have you had a look here under the immobiliser section....that should about cover you I think.
  4. jgrand

jgrand Member

[Jun 17, 2004]
    Very helpful. I'm not sure I'd want to take the risk of doing that myself though. Sounds straight-forward enough but at least if the dealer does it then there's someone to moan to if it all goes wrong. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif