Changing the instrument cluster on an S3

jgrand

Reaction score
I have just bought a new instrument cluster for my S3 as a couple of lines in the DIS display are missing. I have instructions on how to change the cluster but have heard that I need Audi to recode the new unit to my car (or something like that) otherwise I won't be able to start it. I saw posted on here that a guy with an A6 just swapped the clusters and had no problems.

Even if I need to get Audi to do something to the cluster and/or car, can I temporarily swap the units to check that the new cluster works properly? I don't want to end up in the sitation where, because I've swapped the clusters, I have a problem with my car due to it not recognizing either cluster.

Have you had a look here under the immobiliser section....that should about cover you I think.

Very helpful. I'm not sure I'd want to take the risk of doing that myself though. Sounds straight-forward enough but at least if the dealer does it then there's someone to moan to if it all goes wrong. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif