1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changing the dash lights on the S3

Westy Dec 4, 2008

1. Westy

Westy Well-Known Member

I've done a quick search but cant find anything useful. I'd like to change the horrible red dash lights for the blue ones out of a golf mk4/passat/bora. Has anyone else done this and how easy was it?

2. abdus

abdus Top Gear VCDS Map User

horrible red dash lights? and blue wouldn't be horrible? LOL

3. Westy

Westy Well-Known Member

The red makes me angry :banghead: Blue looks much more mellow

4. Imteyaz

Imteyaz 6th Gear

I'm not sure but isn't the illumination on the cluster done using 'sandwich' type LED's? If it is then I suppose it could be possible if you have a soldering iron and a very steady hand. If anybody has a pic of the inside / illumination on the cluster it may help.

5. Westy

Westy Well-Known Member

That sounds like a nightmare I was hoping to just swap over the red bulbs for blue ones. Maybe i'll just dim the dash right down instead.

6. benr

benr Member

I think the reds are a lot nicer than the blue... but its all personal opinion.

I think it would be a nightmare to do all the lights inside the car as there are loads.

7. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :) Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group quattro Audi A4 S-line owners group saloon Manual

Im sure Dave (docurley) changed all of his lights to blue on his A4, might be worth asking him.....

8. Essflee

Essflee Well-Known Member

I quite like the red dials too, the first time i drove the car at night and realised the needles were white too was a bonus !!:jump:

9. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :) Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group quattro Audi A4 S-line owners group saloon Manual

Oh and im loving the red and white, think it looks "2 thumbs fresh!"