1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

changing the bose head unit ?

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by edgey, Oct 4, 2013.

1. edgey

edgey New Member

hi i have just picked up an 07 a4 avant quattro S line 2.0tdi 170hp in phantom black with 'all' the extras, minus a couple of things im going to be adding myself, i have been lurking here a while and some of your beautiful cars have pushed me to get one myself!

i want to change the standard head unit for something with a couple more features, (aux, bluetooth, usb) i have the bose single din, can't seem to find any numbers about on it, but i believe it is in the middle tier, what kind of harness would i need to connect it to a standard radio connection?

parking sensors, now i havent ever had a car with them, but i think for this i would like to fit some, (quite abit longer and wider than my 01 diesel saxo! what should i be looking for? audi or some aftermarket ones

edit: also i have noticed there is a switch under the steering wheel, like a small flick button, no idea what it does but it doesnt seem to do anything?

i will be assembling a little build log of the mods i do to this car in the coming weeks, thankyou for any help :)

#1 edgey, Oct 4, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
  2. Tolak

Tolak Member

For things you don't recognise, always a good idea to add a picture.
    Either others will have similar, or will recognise the source and tell you what domain it comes from (electronics/motor DIY/automotive, etc)

So for your radio and the switch, we look forward to seeing pictures!

3. Tolak

Tolak Member

Many on here will only go OEM; you can get (relatively) cheap ones and install them yourself for similar benefit.
    Main point that was not emphasised in the instructions for the after-market set I fitted to a previous car; the rear sensor sends out a 90° cone, and sees anything in that cone. Be sure to angle the sensors horizontal or above, so it does not see the road all the time.