1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changing over Instrument cluster

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by f13ldy, Jun 20, 2005.

1. f13ldy

f13ldy New Member

I've given up on my instrument cluster - (only works when its warm) so I've sourced a second hand one from a scrappy which has the same model number etc..

I called HR Owen Audi in Nth London and they've said that they will not even attempt to fit it. By fitting I mean recoding the immobiliser using the time sensitive code from Audi-Germany.

Does anyone know of a more enlightened dealer in the South East who will?

Cheers
    Carlos
  2. imported_nadger

imported_nadger Guest

what years your car, the immobiliser coding is stored in an eeprom on some pcb's and this should be easily overcome, but on the newer type itsstored in a micro, this is the problem one. open them up and take a piccy for us to view
  3. f13ldy

f13ldy New Member

Hi,

Its a 2001 Audi A3 PD130 with the Jaeger/Magentti Marelli cluster. I will try and get a few pics... also if anyone knows of a cluster repairer anywhere in the UK, I would be very grateful. There are hundreds of them in the USA, but I can't find a single one here.

Cheers
    Carlos
  4. Khufu

Khufu Active Member

they sound like a bunch of useless gits. I'd imagine even though they didnt supply the part they would happily charge you to fit it.
  5. imported_nadger

imported_nadger Guest

there's a place near manchester called camco88, i used them a few years ago to fix a G60 ecu, im pretty sure they do instrument repairs too. google should find them m8.