1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changing key fob casing

andy.l Aug 22, 2013

1. andy.l

andy.l Member

Got a new casing for my key fob, going to swap the internals over but will I get any problems, will the key lose its memory to the car so to speak?

Andy

2. hades-

hades- Yorkshire & Humber Rep. Regional Rep VCDS Map User

be careful removeing the transponder
    if it breaks its ****ed

3. @udi A3

@udi A3 Site Sponsor Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Craigynett is in bristol at end of month iirc if you break it or get stuck might be worth pm'ing him.

4. andy.l

andy.l Member

Took it apart, the circuit board is held down by 2 small brass pins, not going to risk snapping it as I only have 1 key at the moment

5. Greeny233

Greeny233 It's all about the V8. Team V8 Team Silver Audi Avant Owner Group Audi S4

Be very very very careful. I tried changing the case on my one and only key a couple of months ago, it didn't end well.
    I put my circuit board into the new case and it never worked again and couldn't be re-programmed so I ended up with a bill for £350 from Audi for 2 new keys.

6. craigynett

craigynett Member

cut the plastic casing away from around where the pins hold the PCB in place. I've done a fair few, much easier than trying to remove the pins themselves

7. craigynett

craigynett Member

oh & i'm in Bristol on Sunday 1st Sept if you need any help with it

8. andy.l

andy.l Member

Ok,thank you