Changing Diverter Valve

cameron1

Reaction score
Well I picked up a new oem diverter valve from audi today
http://www.goapr.com/images/20t_dv/20t_dv_oem_d_001.jpg
and looked through previous threads to see how to do it. Warrencox had written some instructions for fitting the Forge version and it looked pretty straightforward.

Unfortunately I am not too hot on the mechanics side of things, so after jacking up the car and removing the bottom engine covers I began to realise it was going to be a lot harder to undo the 4 torx bolts holding it to the turbo than I had originally thought.

Has anyone tried undoing these bolts going through the wheel arch, or can anyone give a clueless idiot instructions as to how they managed to get these 4 bolts off please? :think:

Yeah dc240969 is right - you need to post this in the 8L section I think.

Yes it is an 8P - 55 plate 2.0Tfsi quattro sline

Yes it is an 8P - 55 plate 2.0Tfsi quattro sline

Ah fair enough - apologies.
My DV is at the front of the engine but I remember know that the S-Line has it located next to the turbo. Hopefully someone will be along to help you out. RobinA3 is a good bet.

My DV is at the front of the engine but I remember know that the S-Line has it located next to the turbo.

Ahh that explains why I was having so much difficulty finding the damn thing, I wondered why the instructions I found didn't make any sense :keule:

Anyone changed one of these on an Sline?

Well a quick trip to Halfords to get a stubby ratchet and a small extender bar and managed to change it going through the wheel arch mainly (eventually).

TBH I think the rev B one I removed was ok (just a bit noisy) - new one is quieter, but don't notice any difference in power delivery.

Not looked on mine which is same engine as yours but seen one on an S3 and that was on front of engine i thought ours would be same

Not looked on mine which is same engine as yours but seen one on an S3 and that was on front of engine i thought ours would be same

yea I hadn't realised either until I couldn't find it, that's why it took me so long :blush:

Fitting the 200PS versions is an absolute PITA. The torx bolts must absolutely bake with the heat they get from the turbo.

Don't Forge / anyone else do a cold side relocation system for them?

Having the valve so close to the turbo is madness given the fragility of the part.