1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changing Diff Oil & Rear Wheel Bearing

g60leigh Jul 9, 2010

1. g60leigh

g60leigh Well-Known Member

is anybody able to give me a few pointers from your experience.
    I am planning on changing the oil in my S3 Diff and possibly the rear wheel bearings.
    are any special tools needed and has anyone seen an idiots step by step guide on any of the other forums?
    I have had a search but I cannot see anything on here

Thanks

2. Westy

Westy Well-Known Member

I'm afraid my experience is very limited as I got mine done during last years service. All I can say is that the mechanic had a bag of diff oil in a bag and it was rigged up like a hospital drip where the oil ran down the pipe into the diff. Not sure if this is the easiest way to do it?

3. StevoS3

StevoS3 Member

hmmm, oh dear. Is the diff oil not haldex fluid?

4. Pabl0

Pabl0 Member

You can buy the kit on ebay, it comes in a syringe and its pretty simply to do. your need a haldex tool (ebay) or borrow one of a member if you can.

There is a guide, but i can't seem to find it i'm sure someone will come alone and post it soon.

5. mattyboy199

mattyboy199 Well-Known Member

i think he means diff not the haldex unit, there is a difference apparently i thought it was a single unit with one oil change. correct me if i m wrong