Changing bulbs

Rikster23

On the facelift path...
Reaction score
I was wondering who has changed their headlight bulbs and interior lighting?
Reason I am asking is I was told that if I get the wrong bulbs for the front headlight it might cause issues with the ecu?

Is this true?

I am hoping to change my door sill, interior and boot lights with the newer LED type ones.

Can anyone advise?

Thanks

Not sure it will affect the ECU but with LEDs you may get a "blown bulb" warning as the resistance is lower. I believe some replacement LED bulbs have a resistor fitted to address this issue.

So surely there are idael replacements for the bulbs?

I am after the standard front lights and the fogs to replace as I would prefer a cool white look as opposed to the yellowish light the standard A6 gets.

Advice welcome.

So surely there are idael replacements for the bulbs?

I am after the standard front lights and the fogs to replace as I would prefer a cool white look as opposed to the yellowish light the standard A6 gets.

Advice welcome.

If you stick with H1/H7/H11 bulbs for Main/Dipped/Fog then you should have no problem. There are a large number of options giving Xenon effect, White and Blue White and extra light, so it will be a case of paying your money and making your choice (try a website like AUDI A6 / A6 AVANT (2005 - 2008) Car Headlight Bulbs | PowerBulbs. Suggest you steer clear of Xenon replacements (as opposed to Xenon effect) as they may result in an MOT failure as cars with Xenon bulbs are required to have automatic leveling and headlight washers to reduce the risk of dazzle. Also remember if you go above the standard wattage then you may need to change the fuses (technically also illegal)

Thanks for that info. Its useful website. I wont be upgrading my lights to xenons as you said they need to have auto levelling.

Cheers

Look for can bus ones or error free ones also have a chat (pm) with t8ups (forum member) he should sort you out :)

Is there a place you would suggest to purchase these? This would help greatly. Thanks in advance.

I can help with these?

i am a forum sponsor sell upgraded lighting.

What are you after?

i also have a C6 so it shouldnt be hard knowing what you require.

Thanks
Trups

H Guys
i am replacing the day running bulbs in mi Xenon headlights ( this are the older ones where there is a single bulb that uses one the same style as a indicator / rear light bulb problem is I can only just get my hand in there and don't know how these bulbs come out do they pull out or pull and twist ....any help greatly received

I was wondering who has changed their headlight bulbs and interior lighting?
Reason I am asking is I was told that if I get the wrong bulbs for the front headlight it might cause issues with the ecu?

Is this true?

I am hoping to change my door sill, interior and boot lights with the newer LED type ones.

Can anyone advise?

Thanks

Take a look at this thread, i asked the same question.

Led equivalents to convential sideight bulbs ?