Changing a Fog bulb

Drizz

Project Plush
Reaction score
How do ya change a fog light bulb on my car?

3yzjvut.jpg

Cheers guys...

Easy, the little trims clip on,exposing 3 screws, undo those and the lamp will lift out, and roberts your mothers brother

you say the rears should be easy...

I used my fog lights maybe for the 1st time, and noticed the rear left was out, the right was OK. so off to Halfords, got a bulb and opened the rear panel only to find no bulb, installed the bulb all working. the problem was that the panel would not go back, the hole for the bulb was square (smaller than the bulb)...?

is this correct.....? the left rear fog light can not be installed....?

mawhitey said:
Easy, the little trims clip on,exposing 3 screws, undo those and the lamp will lift out, and roberts your mothers brother

Yes i sussed it LOL, but they have had it, all rusty and corroded, but ive bought an S4 bumper now so need some fogs for those instead, as Audi wanted £100 per fog for current bumper!

EnzoS4 said:
you say the rears should be easy...

I used my fog lights maybe for the 1st time, and noticed the rear left was out, the right was OK. so off to Halfords, got a bulb and opened the rear panel only to find no bulb, installed the bulb all working. the problem was that the panel would not go back, the hole for the bulb was square (smaller than the bulb)...?

is this correct.....? the left rear fog light can not be installed....?

For quite a long time Audi (and I presume VW too) have only fitted 1 rear foglamp, to the offside on RHD vehicles, the logic being that with only 1 bright light at the rear it wont mask the brake lights that 2 rear fogs might.......
My previous 2 Audis (an '86 80 and a '94 80 Avant) both had an empty part of the light cluster on the nearside, with no bulb-holders or silvering on the inside of the cluster.To fit a 2nd fog would have been pointless as there would have been an imbalance of brightness anyway, due to the silvering not being present on the nearside.......
Having acquired my present Audi , a '99 A4 Avant , I was surprised to see that in the rear nearside cluster there was a bulb-holder and all wiring present for a 2nd rear fog, and that it appeared to be silvered inside too......
I just popped a bulb in and hey presto 2 rear fogs, not sure why it desn't work for you though!

Nessy said:
I just popped a bulb in and hey presto 2 rear fogs, not sure why it desn't work for you though!

I have the same, put the bulb in the panel and it works fine, but the hole for the bulb on mine is square and the bulb will not fit pass it... need rocket scienist or a square bulb...

good point about the brake lights...

EnzoS4 said:
I have the same, put the bulb in the panel and it works fine, but the hole for the bulb on mine is square and the bulb will not fit pass it... need rocket scienist or a square bulb...

good point about the brake lights...
I used a stanley knife to shave the square into a round,job done !!