1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changing 6 Disk HU in S3 -BIG HOLE¬!!

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by DamoS3Q, May 21, 2004.

1. DamoS3Q

DamoS3Q Member

Im thinking about changing the HU in the S3 for a nice alpine unit. The thing is, if I take the old one out im gonna be left with a gapping hole in the dash.

Does anyone know what part i need to fill the gap? will i have to speak to audi? does anyone know the part number??

cheers
  2. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    Damo said:
    Im thinking about changing the HU in the S3 for a nice alpine unit. The thing is, if I take the old one out im gonna be left with a gapping hole in the dash.

Does anyone know what part i need to fill the gap? will i have to speak to audi? does anyone know the part number??

cheers

[/ QUOTE ]

Is your a double DIN? or are you talking about the gaps at the sides?

Rich
  3. DamoS3Q

DamoS3Q Member

i think its called a double din..Its the large HU..its about twice the size of a normal one..guess thats why its called a double din..

Im very hung over! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif
  4. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    Damo said:
    i think its called a double din..Its the large HU..its about twice the size of a normal one..guess thats why its called a double din..

Im very hung over! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Either get a replacemnt double din aftermarket unit, a single din HU and blacking plate, OR get a blacking plate, get some gauge pod mounts inset into it, and have a cool place to put boost gauge that looks stock!! Lucky B******!!! i want to be able to do that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif