1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changing 2.5tdi fuel filter

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Leea4tdi, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Leea4tdi

Leea4tdi Member

Ive been putting this off for a while now and its about time i did this, but as ive never changed this filter before it would be great to know how to do it from anyone who has already done so.

Would i be ok if i fill the filter to the brim and put it on and crack an injector pipe and try to turn it over??
  2. Leea4tdi

Leea4tdi Member

Anyone??:think:
  3. JohnboyC

JohnboyC Member

Well, I am a lazy ar$e :lazy:, and would pay someone else to do it for me as part of a service...
  4. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Me too, lol!

But every diesel car I have ever done, as long as fill the filter first and then keep it ticking over at 1500 rpm plus when you start the car and it has coughed a bit but never stalled. I've never had to bleed the system at all, but maybe I have just been lucky .....
  5. Purple Princess

Purple Princess Moderator Staff Member Moderator

In theory yes, however be aware that the 2.5TDI's are noturious for injector pump falier, sometimes after changing the filter or running out of fuel they will fail to bleed back up. Sorry to be so severe but you should know all the bad stuff too!!
  6. Leea4tdi

Leea4tdi Member

Oh great!! so how do you bleed the fuel through properly? is there any hidden bleed screws??
  7. Leea4tdi

Leea4tdi Member

All done was just a case of filling the new filter up with diesel before re conecting the hoses.