Changes over the new few weeks

Tommy53

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have decided to do a few changes to my 2.0 Tdi 53 plate Audi and wasbasically looking for prices and your thoughts on the mods. My car is prettystandard as it is apart from painted alloys/ calipers so I’m hoping these willmake a big difference. The mods are as follows:

Backbox delete: Many of you will have probably seen this mod done beforebut for those who don’t know, it’s basically the removal of the backbox andthen fitting in a straight through pipe from the Cat with some new exhaust tips(This mod can be found in the search bar). If anyone has done this before andis selling the pipe I would most probably be interested in buying this!

The cost of this will be approx. £80-130.

Air induction: I was thinking of either putting in a panel filter or some sort of induction kit. Can anyone suggest a good filter/kit which is a fairly reasonable price (not too expensive). Hoping this will not cost much more that £50.

Seat Cupra R splitter: I believe this mod will give the standard bumper a better look. The part number is 1ML 805 903. I have read that you can get these at the best price of a SEAT dealer. However after receiving a quote of£44.24 including VAT, I’m thinking differently. I am sure you used to be able to get these for £16.99 + VAT. Any ideas of how I can get this cheaper?

Coilovers: I believe any car will look better lowered! I’m on a bit of a budget and thinking of going for JOM Coilovers as they seem cheap and cheerful from what I have read. I also know a friend with the same car who has had these in the past and I believe the ride felt ok for what I am after. I don’t have much money to splash out. Can anyone link me to a person on the forum/website where i can get these as a reasonable price?

Gloss wrapped/sprayed grill: As my car has the old shape front bumper,it has the split grill. This is more of a quick mod as I may look at doing abumper conversion in the future. I can get enough wrap for around £20 and Ihave a friend that has carried out this mod before who made a really neat jobof it. I will attach a picture to show the sort of look I am after. Basically Iw ill wrap each part of the grill separately and also wrap the middle section of the bumper/grill that is the same colour as my body work.

I may decide to have this sprayed gloss black depending on the final outcome.My top grill has also cracked so i plan to source another one of these andafter a quick search I believe I’m looking at around £40.

Xenon HID kit: From a quick search i believe you can get these sets foraround £60. Would you recommend these kits or would you just go for the brighter bulbs?

That is all i plan to do over the next few weeks and i am hoping it will transform the look of the car.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. Let me know what you think and feel free to suggest any other ideas!

Tom.

* The pictures attached are the front / back of the car and there is also a picture of another audi that has got the Cupra Splitter on with the gloss black wrapped grills*

Attachments

• audi a3 gloss blacked grill.jpg
    audi a3 gloss blacked grill.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 164
  • audi a3 front pic forum.jpg
    audi a3 front pic forum.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 164
  • my audi back.jpg
    my audi back.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 156
Hi Orange, that looks really good. Exactly the same year car also, just hoping i can do mine as tidy as that!

Was that a matte black or gloss black wrap? difficult to see from the picture.

Thanks. Just started with cars, thought it was about time I learned to drive. I used satin black vinyl as it matches the internals of the grill, was fairly easy to do but a bit fiddly, I used the soapy water trick to put if on too. Also repainted the wheels and took the rear wiper off as the motor was ********.

Good stuff. ahhh right i see, good idea. i think im going to go for gloss black though to see what that looks like.

Any chance you could send me a photo of your rear window now?

My rear wiper motor has also gone so i think i may do the same thing! Did you put in some sort of plug where the old hole was from the wiper?

Anyone who's into biking will know what it is. The motor was a pain to seperate from the arm though, ended up cutting it off. I bunged the washer hose too and taped it up, although was toying with the idea of routing it so it fires the jet of water out of the centre of the bung

If your planning to get rid of the rear wiper the most popular method is with a glass style blank