1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changed Stop light bulbs for LED's

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by imported_ChristianF, Mar 23, 2005.

1. imported_ChristianF

imported_ChristianF Guest

[Mar 23, 2005]
    I have just changed my stop/tail lights for red high intensity LED's and although I had to modify the bulb slightly to work, (LED's are directional and the stop/tail bulb faces the wrong way) they look fantastic, come on instantly and are about 100% redder than the bulbs they replaced.

try em, you'll love em!

(will post pics if anyone's interested)
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 22, 2014]

3. GS65

GS65 Member

[Mar 28, 2005]
    What went wrong?.
  4. imported_bubstar

imported_bubstar Guest

[Mar 28, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    I have just changed my stop/tail lights for red high intensity LED's and although I had to modify the bulb slightly to work, (LED's are directional and the stop/tail bulb faces the wrong way) they look fantastic, come on instantly and are about 100% redder than the bulbs they replaced.
    try em, you'll love em!

[/ QUOTE ]

Got some for my Avant . On the Avant the bulb comes straight out so you wont need to modify the bulb. But I've got full DIS and the "bulb out" warning came straight on and the bulb just flashed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif ........... Stuck 'em in the Mrs Clio /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
  5. dstech

dstech Member

[Mar 29, 2005]
    Ya, you need to add an inline resistor to clear the telltale in the cluster. The problem with that is that the resistor will become a heat disipator and could cause wires around it to melt.
  6. imported_bubstar

imported_bubstar Guest

[Mar 30, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Ya, you need to add an inline resistor to clear the telltale in the cluster. The problem with that is that the resistor will become a heat disipator and could cause wires around it to melt.

[/ QUOTE ]

And needs to be the size of a house brick too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif That's why I didn't bother mate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif