Changed rear rings

Foxmeister

Fired Up!
Reaction score
Picked up a spare RS4 centre cap weeks back that i needed, but as i was doing the carbon centres instead of standard i salvaged the clip on rings from one with the idea of fitting them on the rear. I like the debadged look although it can look a bit plain, so decided to try these smaller rings to clean up the rear and keep something on it.

The new rings were sanded, primed then painted satin black as im reoving the chrome from everywhere. Pic in comparison with the standard rear rings
DSC00259.jpg

Debadged boot, starting to grow on me
DSC00258.jpg

New rings in position
DSC00260.jpg

I thought it would give a more modern oe look as lots of manufacturers usually change badging to smaller items to look fresh. Im still undecided if it looks as good as i thought originally, and kinda swaying towards completely debadged as it suits my colour i think. Will stay for time being and can remove if needed when i decide.

Couple of better shots with wheels seeing as weather is holding out
DSC00255.jpg

DSC00254.jpg

Messed about with this pic a bit
DSC00256.jpg

Hi Foxmeister,I'm replying because I complained that no one replied to my pics so I know what it is like not to get some response so I thought I would reply..if you read my previous thread I'm not one for changeing oe stuff..

Especially debadging that is like sacred the 4 Rings:sadlike:..but as you know and been said before we are all not the same on what we like and dislike..

There might be one alteration I would think of on your's and that's the Facelift lights are they genuine or off E-bay ??..

I know the E-bay ones you have to just carve a bit of body work out to fit the one piece set I think it must be the same for the proper Facelift ones (Valeo or Bosch)..

Also I think you have to find a Doner car if I'm not mistaken with plugs and so called tails(Probably so you need to splice the old with the new) ..

Is that what you have done I must admit they do look good on the front and Audi must have thought so to do the Mod..

Car looks ok by the way like the Wheels..

Last edited:
Thanks Monster,

the headlights are oe Valeo units from a facelift. I was lucky enuff to have bought the car with them on, but you do have to trim a small amount of metal from inside the wing to fit them. Think the ebay type are straight fit if you mean the angel eyes or DRL type but dont think they look that great, i'd go for oe facelifts mate.

As for the plugs, im sure somebody posted before saying they werent that dear from a dealers, around £20ish IIRC. And its just a case of sorting out the wiring if your any good at that. Otherwise finding a donor car with lights and plugs etc would be ideal, just chop it all off and splice into the existing like you said.

I wonder if the small badge might have looked good off centre? For example, where the A4 badge used to be? That could look good.

Red with black highlights really works well.

car is looking good butty i like the badge but not in black but it looks good with no badge so im in two minds about that.

I changed my rear badge a few months back for this sorry for the crap pic

DSCF0379.jpg

i think it looks great but a few peeps have said they are not fussed but i think it stands out from the crowed.
nice pics by the way i like the last one what did you do with that cheers tazzy

Thats wlid Gareth, never seen rings that light up. Did u have to drill the boot etc for wiring???

The last pic i messed with on my phone(sony ericsson c905) in the image editor, just changed the contrast levels, gave it a moody look!

yeah only a really small hole mind just enough for a red and black wire about 2 to 3mm as the badge is a stick on it took about 10 minutes to fit,

And i like that pic im gonna try messing with a few of mine in the morning but dont think i will get to to much as its my birthday and the wife is dragging me out for the day lol

Thanks Monster,

the headlights are oe Valeo units from a facelift. I was lucky enuff to have bought the car with them on, but you do have to trim a small amount of metal from inside the wing to fit them. Think the ebay type are straight fit if you mean the angel eyes or DRL type but dont think they look that great, i'd go for oe facelifts mate.

As for the plugs, im sure somebody posted before saying they werent that dear from a dealers, around £20ish IIRC. And its just a case of sorting out the wiring if your any good at that. Otherwise finding a donor car with lights and plugs etc would be ideal, just chop it all off and splice into the existing like you said.

Yes I think you have to fit proper Facelift Lights, I have heard some horror stories about E-Bay ones(steaming up and bad fitting ect...

I would want new ones though could not trust buying second hand the lens are usally crap..

I might get around doing it one day..no rush really...

Last edited:
yeah only a really small hole mind just enough for a red and black wire about 2 to 3mm as the badge is a stick on it took about 10 minutes to fit,

And i like that pic im gonna try messing with a few of mine in the morning but dont think i will get to to much as its my birthday and the wife is dragging me out for the day lol

Happy birthday fella, have a good un.:icon_thumright:

tbh dont like the smaller black rings,imo i prefer either original or de badge

tbh dont like the smaller black rings,imo i prefer either original or de badge

I actually liked the debadge aswell Ras, might go that route in the end but need to see the car a few times before i decide, but its in the garage so dont have to look at its fat a$$ everyday!:lmfao: