1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Change of Oil Helpppppp.

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by jaceyq, May 13, 2010.

1. jaceyq

jaceyq Member

Hi i know oil does a long service which is a 10 miles thing. My car has been been service i think sept or oct 09 and we are in MAY 10 . I click the service button and it saying in 402 days 11325 miles to service. I know i don`t use the car often mostly weekend . THE car is on 24,500 miles around there .Should i just change oil and filter before the time to help protect and prevent any wear and tear. Or just wait for the service to come on?...

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Dazmo

Dazmo Active Member

should be fine until the service mate, i would advise changing it every six months if you used it alot but not if its just weekends.

4. jaceyq

jaceyq Member

Ok thanks . Yea I used about 100 miles forthe week if so much sometimes ... But one guy advise me I should change oil and filter b4 recommended but I may just do it , because sometimes on weekend I will take the car for nice drive doing bout 60-85 miles and during week week bout 10-20 miles ... I check and the oil look black as weell although oil is not white . Not sure yet but engine runs smooth still...

5. Dazmo

Dazmo Active Member

I had my service about 2000 miles ago and my oil is already black!

6. jwhat

jwhat Member
    VCDS Map User

If you change the oil, go for a short drive and change the oil again the new stuff coming out will be black too. If your not using it much I would change it to a fixed 1 year or 10k service schedule.