change of ecu

moggs

Reaction score
Purchased another ecu which had a remap on it. Both ecus are from a bfb 1.8T car and the ecu works fine in my car. The only problem i have is the tc light is on on the dash board.
I have vcds but only the light version so i read for codes. I have one refering to the cruise control which the doner car obviously had but mine does not, another refers to the ecu not being coded to the car and the last one was a rough road abs malfunction which may or may not be related to the ecu swap.
The car drives better than before its just bugging me the tc light is on, and does this mean it is now switched off, possibly part of the remap?
can these faults be rectified by using the full vcds?
codes were if interested 18014, 18020, 18107

Thanks for any help
Ian

It'll be because the car it came from and yours has a different abs unit... It'll need coding.. You'll need the coding from the old Ecu and then that gets put in the new one.. You'll have to a full vcds to do this...

Thanks guys. That makes sense. So i need to put the old ecu back in, get the coding, then put the new one in and re program. Can i read the coding using the lite version? Or do i need the full version to do all of it?
Cheers

And is this why my tc light is on also? Not because the map has done away with it?
Cheers

a map wont remove the TC

how much did you pay for the ecu and what map is on it ?

Its a fastech map and i paid a smidge over 50 quid. Thanks for your help.