1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Change Of Car Advice......

Discussion in 'General Automotive Chat' started by Wozski, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Wozski

Wozski Member

Jan 17, 2010
    Due to a new addition to the Wozski household im in need of a new car. Im after an unbias opinion ( not sure i will get it here lol )

I have my eye on :-
    A4 Avant
    Mondeo (argh)
    Bmw 320D es
    I have a budget of about £11k
    It needs to be economical
    relatively good on tax and insurance

thoughts / opinions

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. johnnythepie

johnnythepie Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2009
    bmw.certainly for economy.not very roomy though, and dont be fooled by the avant either.Truthful all rounder family car?Mondeo.Get a lot more for your money
  4. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost!
    Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona quattro Audi S3 Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

Sep 4, 2003
    £11k budget, get yourself a Passat Estate TDI. Basically sits between the A4 and A6 wheelbase, lots of rear legroom, and about as practical as a family car can get unless you have 3kids+, then you need a 7 seater of some sort!. I have owned a 2000 B5 Passat Estate TDI for 10 years and now running 180k miles, but you should be looking at a B6 for your monies. It will obviously not be as tight as your Audi, but it's all the same running gear.
  5. mikeyg

mikeyg Member

Jan 4, 2011
    We have an older 53 plate Mondeo TDCi, has really good rear legroom,massive boot, and it has done 182k now and we have had no problems at all with it.
    But for that money could get a very good example later shape im sure. After owning ours for several years i would definitley change it for a new shape one.

The only downfall i would say is the depreciation is going to be quite high compared to an Audi/BMW, but would get more for your money in the first place.