Change build date without reason....delay for 2 months....

Jeffreyzing

Reaction score
hi I ordered my A3 in April and my dealer told me my A3 should build in july and arrive in late sept. however, i just received an email from my local audit dealer and told me that my A3 build date changed from July to sept without any reason. I was so angry that he didn't even bother to call me and said sorry and just sent me an email to say the date has been changed. Does anyone have similar experience? What should I do? Keep waiting? Cancel my order and buy another car? I can't believe their service is that bad and last time I bought a A1 from them and the service was really good. Thanks

Did they confirm the July factory build date officially with you after you placed the order? You should have had a build date allocated about 2 to 4 weeks after placing the order. If they mentioned a July build when you were placing the order this was probably just a guess on their part.....

The dealer email me a build week of 22/7/13, but now the build day slip to 23/09....

Does sound like a genuine delay at the factory then. I believe the dealers get little to no information about delays to specific cars unless there is a general issue across a model range etc.

You could ask the dealer what is causing the delay, but they might not know. In all likelihood your build week will come forward again, but obviously still not as early as it was originally.

Best to discuss your dissatisfaction with the dealer and see what they have to offer, as a two month slip is a little poor.

Best to make sure that if you are trading in your current car that the dealer doesn't attempt to stiff you on the trade in price. Ie, "your car is two months older sir and is now worth £xxx less that before".

Today, finally got a call from the dealer, and find out s-tonic gearbox got me long delay...... Any one order s-tonic box have same problem?

Not quite the same as you however I ordered my new A3 S Line at the end of Jan 2013 and was advised an estimated delivery date of May. It took a full two months until the end of March for them to even give me a build week (27) meaning my delivery date was pushed back to the end of July. I still haven't got the car so I'm assuming its now either on a boat somewhere or sitting by the seaside waiting on delivery to my dealer :-( The reason for the delay was given as a backlog at the factory that couldn't keep up with demand. Hmmmmm?

Delivery times seem to be a bit of a lottery! I ordered at the end of May, and was initially told to expect build week 31. I then had week 28 allocated and confirmed. Got a call from the dealer today saying the car was in the UK and on its way to them, and I could have it next week if I wanted. I don't feel inclined to take delivery one month before a registration plate change, so have asked them to keep it until early September as planned.

I ordered my s-line at the beginning of June. In the morning before I ordered it I spoke to a mate who had ordered the same car but an s-tronic and was told the 11/10 for his. When I ordered in the afternoon I was told late October maybe even November.

Got a phone call yesterday and the dealer will have it next week and I can pick it up on the 1/09 :D My friend still hasn't heard anything about his yet.

Now I have another dilemma.....car will be delivered to the dealer later this week and available for pick up next week. Or the dealer has offered to wait until 1st September delivery for the 63 plate. I've waited six months already for the car so what's another few weeks but knowing the car will be sitting at the dealers just waiting for me might be too much of a temptation!!! Decisions decisions....