1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chainsaw

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Caesium, Nov 18, 2006.

1. Caesium

Caesium My BM is fixed!

[Nov 18, 2006]
    Bought a chainsaw the other day, used it to chop down some dead trees on my dad's farm then coppiced a neighbour's tree with it.
    Probably never use it again but what an excellent tool!

(May keep it by the bed incase of burglars, could you imagine what would happen if you confronted a burglar with a chainsaw?? he'd **** himself!)
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 25, 2014]

3. Peloton

Peloton Member

[Nov 18, 2006]
    Keep a pair of dungaree's with a dodgy lookin mask with stitchin down the sides especially for the occasion, a la chainsaw massacre!

I know that's all a bit far fetched getting into that get up when bein burgled but still, would be funny just to see the reaction. :scared2:
  4. Caesium

Caesium My BM is fixed!

[Nov 18, 2006]
    You got shares in a carpet cleaning company?!
  5. L1 HCS

L1 HCS Active Member

[Nov 18, 2006]
    ... anyway, house insurance would replace your carpets (should you happen to slaughter your burglars).. :lmfao:
  6. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Nov 18, 2006]
    save it for Halloween when the trick or treaters come knocking.

I know what you mean though, there is something immensely satisfying using something so dangerous and destructive. Using a petrol chainsaw is probably more dangerous to the user than pretty much any other device you could think of, including guns. Can't believe you can just go into B&Q and buy one.
  7. Caesium

Caesium My BM is fixed!

[Nov 18, 2006]
    I agree, there are so many DIY'ers out there that haven't got a bloody clue, and the A&E department is a testament to that.

The other pretty dangerous tool IMO is a petrol angle grinder, they will do through brick which a chainsaw wont, very dangerous in the hands of an amateur.
  8. SteveS

SteveS S6 avant

[Nov 18, 2006]
    everytime i start mine up i just can't put it down, there's a big pile of cut down stuf in the back garden bigger than my car that i can't be bothered to take to the tip. i just love its destructive nature.