CGLC 177bhp Oil Filter

Chris90

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the aftermarket part numbers are for the oil filter cartridge? I see euro parts list 2 variants of different sizes and I'm unsure which one it is.

03L 115 562 - comes up as the genuine part number I believe off the parts manual.

Thanks

Chris

Euro Car Parts (and their internet-only subsidiary Car Parts 4 less) show the first 4 digits of the engine code under "details" if there is a choice of more than one filter. However, for your engine code CGLC they seem to have incorrectly listed it as CGLD - I don't think there was a CGLD VAG engine? I would contact them and get them to refer to say their Mann application guide and double check that the one you need is listed by them as applying (wrongly) to CGLD

The list doesnt even show engine code for my application. Try putting the reg NJ12 JVM in and you will see.

You're right - it only quotes engine code options if you use the section below and don't use the your registration number search process. All I can guess is that for some newer engines like yours, they still have some errors in their system that they haven't spotted yet? For my older 2010 engine, they correctly quote CBBB under one of the filter options, whichever way I do the search.

Well spotted.

I havent seen a CGLD engine either, so can only presume that its listed incorrectly. might have to call into the local branch on the way to work one day and double check

in eurocarparts the type you need is number 501440558 why not go oem filter is onely under £10 plus O rings inc
the GEN one is a MANN one with a audi stamp
gen filter number from audi is 03L115562 like said

Last edited:
Can get a MANN one off carparts4less for £5.17 with all the seals. Which makes it a fiver for the courtesy of printing a VAG part number on the top of it.

I do like genuine stuff...but when the genuine stuff is simply aftermarket stuff with a vag part number stamped on...why pay more?

Its like the gaskets and seals....many are febi for gaskets and seals, and can pick them up at a fraction of the cost from a aftermarket outlet place.

A genuine filter and drain plug is about £10. Why compromise the life of your engine by buying non VAG?

Reactions: GAS MONKEY
I need to buy a cambelt kit from TPS, so will probably get on the phone to them and see what they can do with one.

However, dont believe its ever going to compromise the life of the motor by putting a mann, bosch etc filter in rather than a one with a VAG stamp on. Ran wix, mann, bosch crosland etc filters on my 1.8T and dads 1.9PD audi without any issues before. Remember VW have to have a supplier too.

mz_6351902_bodyshot_300x400-19.gif
[/URL][/IMG] +1 With Zafi save £2 or £3 pounds if you get gen one and it fails

+1 with zafi

VAG use Mahle oil filters. But I still buy them in a VAG box.

Actually cheap as chips from TPS!

Timing belt kit -£106.63
Water Pump -£34.81 +£20 Surcharge
Alternator Belt -£21.09
Oil -£24.58
Oil Filter -£4.77
Fuel Filter -£16.75

There goes my overtime for this month!

Not sure if I share the same superstition that all Audi OE stuff is wonderful. I’d be happy to find a rear window wiper motor that didn’t fill with water inside 4-years and cease working :whistle2:

Thats true.

However, since the majority of the parts on my list are cheaper from TPS (excluding having to pay a few quid on the tunnel toll) then makes sense to get the proper stuff and know its the exact fit.

If im correct, the oil spec is 504/507 isnt it? For fixed intervals?