1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Centre silencer removal

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by Oranoco, Jun 15, 2008.

1. Oranoco

Oranoco Well-Known Member

Has anybody done this?

My exhaust is a bit quiet (think silenced egg whisk), I don't want a loud stereotypical Saxo exhaust but would like a bit of burble to it. It's been suggested I chop the centre silencer out but I don't really want to shaft a perfectly good exhaust.

Eventually I plan getting a local firm to build me a cat back system (not PowerShonk and not Miltek after reading a few bits on here :( ). Thought this might be a viable temporary fix. My brother is a handy welder so it won't cost anything to do.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Turbo Lag FTW

Turbo Lag FTW Hate those none insured you know who types

From reading other posts on here its best to get rid of centre silence if you want noise, dont know what kind of noise you`d get from the stock exhaust tho.

4. Oranoco

I have a custom stainless backbox (twin 3" slash cut) that I had made for my old estate. I did specify not loud and chavy and it's virtually silent.

[​IMG]

5. AUDI TURBO

AUDI TURBO Member

I chopped my £500 jetex exhaust system middle boxoff.........and it sound bloody mint much lower tone at idle it great!!!!!! but not too loud not chavvy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Andy.B

Andy.B Member

Do it, thats what i have done and it sounds much better :)

7. Oranoco

I'll be making a call to my brother then to see if he can do some welding before the weekend. lol :blackrs4: