1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

centre pipe/ race tube

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by jay1601, Nov 29, 2011.

1. eddieantifreeze

eddieantifreeze Member

At an educated guess (dont forget the word guess!) - the standard backbox does produce backpressure, but nowhere near as much as the standard cat. since you have a sports cat and no mid box personally i would keep the std backbox to retain some backpressure in the system, if you went for a sports backbox now it would be seriously loud! plus naff all backpressure which may reduce the life of your turbo....
  2. Steven.c

Steven.c Auto-Motive Restored Deatail

sorry for the bump. but i fitted one of these to my A3 1.8t. did anyone else notice that the tdi pipe seems a tiny bit smaller than the standard centre pipe as it doesn't fit in the sleeve as well?
  3. Jason.s

Jason.s Active Member

Seemed fine to me when i fitted it other weekend.

Does make a strange noise with the SAI going when cold lol.
  4. Prawn

Prawn My other car is a MINI!!!!

haha. sounds terrible with the SAI running!
  5. Jason.s

Jason.s Active Member

haha truthfully corrected :p

The mounts didnt line up very well from the crappy Euro`s pipe i got. I had to take off the rubber mounts on that beam and put some old bump stops cut down on each mounting peg and then bolt the beam back up haha. Pretty pikey but with my discount the pipe did only cost £9. Sounds alright when going, bit beefier, low speeds sounds a bit strange too but she hasnt complained yet so i dont care :p
  6. Steven.c

Steven.c Auto-Motive Restored Deatail

Since ive fitted mine, it get like a rubbing sound when turning left. i know u will say its the wheels but strangely its not, never had the problem before and its only when i turn left and accelerate don't know why it wouldn't do it when i turn right tho. might stick the centre box back on and do a muffler delete instead.