Centre Console Buttons & Climate Control Facelift - Help?

karbonk

Living a little!
Reaction score
I have the double din on my 2004 Audi A3 TDI and looking at getting a new climate control unit and buttons to freshen it up due to the common worn and marked buttons.

I was thinking of changing to the newer climate control unit (chrome switches) and the newer bank of switches located above climate control unit? (ESP, airbag light etc).

Question is: Can either of these be just simply swapped over or is it not as simple as that? Am I right in thinking the bank of switches and bezel can be just swapped over to the never version but the climate control is a different size and shape and won't fit.

Pic of current set up with signs of button wear etc and pic of wished set up.

Last edited:
facelift climate control will fit but wont work properly so the only thing you can do to give it a fresher look is to swap the temperature knob but with your buttons been the way they are your going to be better off getting another one then fitting the newer knobs.
Ash did a how to thread on it here http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/index....chome-climate-control-module-switches.146018/

as for the centre console button depending what double din cage you have they are a straight plug and play swap unless you get hold of My11 set of buttons which will need the plugs re-wiring. the way to tell them apart is the 08-10 plug and play buttons have one chrome strip at the bottom and the 2011 on have a chrome strip top and bottom.

when you do get them if they dont fit properly cos of the cage all that will need trimming is where the hazard button sits so just trim it down till it fits.