Centre Caps

itsgrimupnorth

Reaction score
The centre caps on my A4 TDi 110 are looking very tired. The car is the standard model built late 1998, but registered Jan 1999 with the engine code AFN. The wheels are 15" ten spoke wheel. The part number on the back is 4BO601165J.
Any idea where and £££££? to replace them or do any others fit, as I've seen plenty of others advertised or is there anywhere that will refurbish them.
Also my central locking pump is on its way out, part number 8LO862257H, same about the costs etc. I've seen the graphite impellers advertised on ebay, but is it worth fitting a used part? does anybody do a new impeller or will recon the unit at a fair price.
Had the car 9 years, only done 90K and plan to keep it.

i dont know how the pump can be "on its way out"?

They work, then fail completely...

What exactly is wrong with it?

If the pump is running on for ages when locking the car you probably have a vacuum leak, and leaving it unfixed will cause the pump to fail.

Yes the pump carries on running for 10+ seconds. If I've got a leak, can you give advice on finding & solving the problem?

Further to my last comment. The drivers door lock has always been the hardest to turn. I have noticed that if I unlock then go to lock it again, the lock will not move/activate, but the front door is fine. If its the front door lock(s), how do I find the pipes & if I need to take the door trim off, do you have any advice?