1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Centre armrest, retrofit..

stevethejambo Dec 1, 2005

1. stevethejambo

stevethejambo Member

Hi guys,

Not been on here for a long time, Ive missed all the good information!

I was just wondering if anybody has retro-fitted a centre armrest to their A3 yet? I have an 04 1.9 Tdi and I quite fancy doing it, having just bought the car at the end of its lease.

Is it expensive to do, and is it fairly straightforward to do?

Had a search on the forum but I couldnt really find anything.

Cheers!

2. gizze

gizze Member

3. marriedblonde

marriedblonde Active Member

If you want any bits for VW/Audi let me know as the guy who is supplying the pedals for me can get anything if it's listed on EKTA normally for 10% less than Vag Parts but with a lot cheaper delivery.

J.

4. stevethejambo

stevethejambo Member

Cheers folks!

5. Cupramax

Cupramax Uber pimp meister

[ QUOTE ]

If you want any bits for VW/Audi let me know as the guy who is supplying the pedals for me can get anything if it's listed on EKTA normally for 10% less than Vag Parts but with a lot cheaper delivery.

J.

[/ QUOTE ]

We might need to chat about the 3.2 brake setup upgrade at some point... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

6. cdb2

cdb2 Member

Have you driven one with an armrest?

I find it gets in the way if you use the handbrake. Others have made the same comment.

Think Top-Gear said the same!

7. [ QUOTE ]
    I find it gets in the way if you use the handbrake.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I've found out on mine. It doesn't get fully in the way only on the top notch....

8. d3fy

d3fy Active Member

Thats the reason I did not order one for mine, on the demo cars is /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif me off totaly

9. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member VCDS Map User Gold Supporter quattro Audi A3

I have an SE and the armrest fitted as standard. I find it gets in the way of using the handbrake but I have found a very good use for it. I have attached my bluetooth GPS receiver to the plastic underside. This has worked well and enabled me to run a 12v feed from the 12v socket through the centre console and into the armrest. I normally drive with the armrest in it 'up' position out of the way, but when I leave the car I fold it down and the GPS is out of sight. I also tend to put my navigation PDA inside the armrest, again out of sight.

10. mark88

mark88 Member

Initially the armrest is annoying, but after a while you get used to it and begin to like it. At least that's what I found

11. stevethejambo

stevethejambo Member

Yeah, working for a garage, Ive driven a few A3's with the armrest and I think I can get used to it. Its a bit unpractical but I miss not having one!

12. madvw

madvw Active Member

I find I can only use the armrest when driving automatics.. you just kind of leaaaaaan to the left, then you lose movement in the entire left hand side of your body /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

13. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member VCDS Map User Gold Supporter quattro Audi A3

Mine was easy enough to take off to fit my GPS wiring so I can only assume it would be easy enough to fit. It's only held on by one bolt, although you will need to cut a hole in the plastic towards the back of the centre 'tunnel'. If you would like a copy of the ETKA parts diagram and ELSAWIN instructions let me know.

14. onianbag

onianbag Member

must admit its the only thing i missed from my cab. couldnt seem to find the parts on vagparts.com - did anyone else have any joy? i seem to remember the stealer quoting me about 400quid - ouch!

3.2 Q dsg, rns-e, tv

15. little_wing

little_wing Member

[ QUOTE ]

J.

[/ QUOTE ]

J - I haven't got access to ETKA, but I'm wondering about the US alloy DSG paddles for sportbacks. Any chance of some investigation?

Cheers m8

L

16. gizze

gizze Member

You need to email vagparts to and tell them your car, colour trim and type of trim, they will get back to you with a price.