Centre Arm rest

Spin140

Reaction score
Anyone know how easy it is to remove the lid.

I've taken a look but theres no obvious fastenings like bolts etc but am sure it can be removed.

I'm having mine retrimmed to match the handbrake so it will have 2 seams added complimented with the silver stitching, I'm a sucker for detail :), just need to know how to take it off before I go on saturday.

Cheers Spin

your signature isn't chronological! I was confused.

Dunno about the arm rest sorry.

staz1000 said:
your signature isn't chronological! I was confused.

Dunno about the arm rest sorry.

Not chronological date wise but in correct order of ownership. I traded the 06 A3 in against the 05 A4 when our daughter was born thinking I needed to get all sensible, that lasted 5 months then I bought the S3. Thankfully I can see this being a long term ownership as it makes me smile everyday.

i guess u mean to remove the lid of the armrest yeah? just squeeze the two black arms inside together. Thats how i did mine, was very awkward but its the only way i could see to do it

and it seems he also wants to remove the cushion part of the armrest

Can't you just remove the whole armrest with the single bolt.

Then let the trimmers worry about taking it apart if indeed they actually need to.

For me that would be a better option than risking breaking anything.

Its fairly easy to take the top off, as said above just pinch the two clips together and its off. The plastic is very hard so won't break easy!

Cheers Guys, it was very easy and as suggested just squeeze the black arms together. Will post some pics upon completion

Another arm rest question.

The catch on my broke the other day...it now has no 'pressure' and therefore when I put the lid down, it doesnt click shut - the latch is simply loose.

Is there an easy fix?

Sirus said:
Another arm rest question.

The catch on my broke the other day...it now has no 'pressure' and therefore when I put the lid down, it doesnt click shut - the latch is simply loose.

Is there an easy fix?

didn't some of the guys on here get those replaced under warranty? i seem to remember a post along those lines not too long ago.

Another armrest question,sorry.
Anyone else's handbrake leather getting worn by it ?
My handbrake has a disctinctly worn patch,which is the sort of thing the ****** lease company pick up on when they collect the car,followed by a bill !

"The catch on my broke the other day...it now has no 'pressure' and therefore when I put the lid down, it doesnt click shut - the latch is simply loose."

MarcQuinlivan said:
didn't some of the guys on here get those replaced under warranty? i seem to remember a post along those lines not too long ago.

Yes, I did on my last A3.