CENTRAL LOCKING

martin9k

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone could help me out here
i have a 2002 model A4 quattro sport 1.8 turbo
if i use my remote key fob to lock or unlcok car it will do all doors apart from the drivers door
but if i use my key to lock it then it locks the whole car

anyone any ideas what could be the problem as i dont fancy paying audi 100 quid jut to take a look at it

thanks guys

thats not right it should do the drivers door on the first click then the second one should do the rest maybe your comfort conntrol iv heard many tallking about it on here.

Is your fuel cap locking fella?

I have exactly the same symptoms and I found my fuel cap actuator seems to be faulty so the car locks but not the drivers door so I have to insert the key and twist to do it.
Regards,

i have exactly the same problem took advise from here and its most prob the comfort control module you will need to get it on a vag-com to check it!!

I have exactly the same symptoms and I found my fuel cap actuator seems to be faulty so the car locks but not the drivers door so I have to insert the key and twist to do it.
Regards,

never heard of this one though but the locking rod was disconected on my car when i got it!! might take a look at it!!!

had a similar problem with mine, A4 3.0 Quattro 2002.. Vagcom said the drivers door controil module was faulty..
In fact it was a broken CAN wire in the rubber boot in the drivers door..

Check for broken wires before replacing any modules is my advice..

VAG-COM is diagnostics software for VAG cars..

Pal

vag-com in short is a fault Diagnostic for audi vw if you dont have one some one on here will have it near you i have the ebay one and it works
fine this link will tell you about vag http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page its about £240 for the reall dill but like i said i have the ebay
one for £10 and it works in the same way if you go this rute pm me and i can give you the link for the one i have hope this helps

simon

Regards,

this is the same problem i checked after you said how did u sort it??