Central Locking unit

Nitro

Reaction score
If i change the central locking unit/pump , the whole unit (black box with grey cover-with pump inside) will every thing else work fine, inside lights, alarm code, windows etc? Does it have to be from a 2,8Q. Will i have to get it recoded. Also my alarm siren is not working, i hear the battery may have failed, can i change the battery or whole unit?

the passats and golfs aren't the same.
they don't have a pump in the boot.
the passats have a ccm under the passenger's floor which can be a complete nightmare.
every passat ive had ive had problems with either water ingress or broken wires at the ccm..
my brother has moved his to behind the glovebox as he's had that much hassle with it.

Just get one with the same part number, theres a few versions and various compatibility exists, but its easier just to match it.

You will need to recode the remote fobs to the new locking pump, but thats fairly simple so long as you have two keys.

As for the siern, yes in theory you can open it up and replace the battery. In practice however, the batteries leak all over the circuit board and ruin it. If you get a replacement, get the A suffix version as they're newer.

I stand corrected, the pumps I have changed were pretty much the same.... Going back a few years, my dad had a polo which leaked water all over the pump. Can't remember if a golf or polo pump was gotten from the scrappy

Thanks guys for the info, where is the best place to get replacments for the pump unit and siren?

I stand corrected, the pumps I have changed were pretty much the same.... Going back a few years, my dad had a polo which leaked water all over the pump. Can't remember if a golf or polo pump was gotten from the scrappy
Polo's did have a vacuum pump...slightly different to the b5 pumps though !

Reactions: foursprungdugtechnique