Central locking problem on 09 transit

harley141213

Reaction score
I know this is an audi forum but im hoping someone may have an answer.
My lad has an 09 plate mk7 transit. The central locking has started to play up. When hes had the back door open, then closed it if he then presses the fob to lock it the horn sounds to indicate the door isnt shut properly.trouble is that it is shut. The same problem has now started on the sliding side door. When the locking is operated the front doors lock fine, its just the rears and side that dont lock. It doing his head in as he has no patience and i think the neighbours are probably getting fed up with his choice language when it wont lock.
Posted just on the off chance someone may have a transit in addition to their audi.
Thanks

Im wondering if it could be an earthing problem. Some pointers would be helpfull

I have a transit with much the same problem. Never have got to the bottom of it though, so I'd be interested to know what the cause is..

After some phoning round and speaking to transit breakers we have been advised that the culprit is going to be the rear door latch mechanism. Apparently the are the "best sellers" in relation to 2nd hand mk7 transit parts. Theres plenty on ebay around the 40-50 quid range. Got ours but not had time to fit it. The bloke we spoke to as soon as we described the problem, he said it would deffo be the latch mechanism. Got to be worth a try. Rang Ford they wanted £120 just to look at it but insisted it had to be booked in for the day, started saying it could be wiring fault/ bad earthing. Basically leaving it open to charge what they like. Either way a new latch mech from then are about £250

Reactions: GSB
We have transits at work and have had a few broken into due to a security flaw.
If anyone doesn't know what this is and wants to know, pm me!

Reactions: GSB and Ghost
Fitted the latch mechanism at the back door and its sorted it. My lads well chuffed and a cheap fix

Reactions: Ghost
Well just typical! Less than a week gone by and visited by the pykie nightime fairies. They got in his van with a duplicate type key (no damage) rolled it foward and had all his tools. 4k worth, then when he checks his insurance on his tool contents its expired. 5 vans done the same night within 200 yrds of our house and 11 within a 4 mile radius. Led to believe they from a local council approved/owned site.