1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Central Locking prob on A4 Cab

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by clats, Jun 25, 2010.

1. clats

clats New Member

[Jun 25, 2010]
    Hi thinking of buying a A4 cab this weekend and the seller ha stold me that the central locking is faulty. Basically he said it still opens the boot and fuel cap but the doors dont unlock using the fob. Is this a common fault and if so any ideas what it would cost to sort out as I need to factor it into the buying price ! Cheers.
  2. scott b

scott b Active Member VCDS Map User

[Jun 25, 2010]
    easiest way to find out is plug it into a vagcom
  3. clats

clats New Member

[Jun 26, 2010]
    yeah I will do that was just wondering if it was a fairly common fault and if so what the likely cost is
  4. brownie 25

brownie 25 Member

[Jun 27, 2010]
    these ******* germen cars,dont buy it, keys never work and the v6 leaks oil like a bitch in heat.everyone sayz audi bad designee this an that, skodas break down every day but thats a skoda .lllllllloooooooooooollllllllll
  5. jolly14

jolly14 Member

[Jun 27, 2010]
    Similar thing with mine turned out to be the control module and it cost me over 500 smackers to get it sorted:( but i have forgiven my car now and we are getting along just fine.

Jollyjay