Central Locking Key Problems ??

YOGITHEBEAR

Reaction score
2004 1.9TDI 130
Alarm went off last night and when I went out to the car neither key I have would open the car or switch the alarm off remotely so I had to actually turn the key in the lock to open car and silence the alarm.I then had to lock the car again by turning the key in the lock.Still the same this morning when I went out to the car but the alarm has not gone off again so far.
About a month ago I went out to the car in the morning and both driver and passenger windows were half way down and I know I hadnt left them like that.This also only happened once.
Any ideas where to start looking for faults would be appreciated.

Cheers

First thing to check is the two front footwells for any sign of water ingress. You may need to pull the front carpets up to check properly. There is a drain hole in the plenum chamber, where the front wiper mechanism is located. Its below the battery. The hole can choke up with leavrs after autumn and if it rains heavily, the chamber floods over top of pollen filter and runs into footwell at passenger side.

The convenience control module is under the floor and may have got wet, causing malfunctions, particularly with central locking, alarm and windows. Get it checked sharpish as you could still save the ecu if its not water damaged.

Hopefully its not this!!

If it is the ECU then what kind of price am I looking at for replacing this?

Sorry meant to say if it is the CCM then how much to replace this and where would be the cheapest place to get this part.

Just checked both driver and passenger footwells and both are bone dry.All other electrics in the car are working fine except the horn which is not working and the passenger window which will go down with the switch but not up.This window works both ways from drivers door switch.
Any ideas anyone can give would be appreciated but starting to look like I will have to book into garage and see how much of a hit my bank balance will take.
Not ideal with Christmas just round the corner.Looks like the wee man will be getting an apple and orange in his Christmas stocking.

Try new batteries in the remotes and resync the keys to the car.
Procedure is in the handbook.

the exact same thing happened to my a4 on Saturday . alarm went off then the keys would not work luckily my nephew as vcds so I was able to re sync the keys apparently audi know about this issue on the b6 and b7

Tried to resync the keys by following handbook instructions but no joy and find it hard to believe both batteries in keys have gone at same time.
Yendall-Do you have to have vcds to sync the keys and where did you get the info about Audi knowing about this

I have a Audi A 4, 2002 model and have the central locking problem, It does not lock or unlock with remote keyfob, I thought it was the battery in the keyfob, change the battery, resync keyfobs, checked the damp on passenger foot area, still does not work. Alarm goes off intermittenly (there was a occassion or two when alarm went off while i was driving) so i have to lock/unlock manually and put the key to ignition when it unlocks the whole car.

I went to a independent Audi garage and they scanned it, pulled out Control unit for the central locking systems from the passenger side under the glove compartment and identified thats the problem. This unit is not cheap and with parts and labour it will cost around 500 pounds. 1/6 th of the car price!

They have put back the faulty unit and it started working again but intermittenly. my question is if the unit is faulty, central locking shouldnt work at all, but it does work intermittenly. I am not convinced that its the control unit. any one else has similar issue? Unit looked and feel very dry (not damp) and cable connection to the unit all are intact.