1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

central locking fault!

G4GAN Apr 16, 2009

1. G4GAN

G4GAN A3on18s

Hi, just wondering if this was a common fault and if so anyone could shine some light on to my problem.... basically the central locking wont activate/deactivate the door locks so i have to use the key which will only open the drivers door. when i use the key, the unit ( by the sub i think?) still makes a prolonged noise but nothing happens. it also sets the lights off flashing unless i press the unlock button before i use the key. Any ideas?

thanks guys

andy

:greyrs4:

2. Jimmybuckrogers

Jimmybuckrogers Audi OCD VCDS Map User Audi A3

Sounds like a fault in the pump or an air leak in the tubing. It maybe that a tube has popped off, try listening to it while you activate it (yes it is under the sub), maybe you'll hear a leak?

3. G4GAN

G4GAN A3on18s

thanks mate, do you think it will be hard to get at?

4. Jimmybuckrogers

Jimmybuckrogers Audi OCD VCDS Map User Audi A3

I'd try reaching through the sub access door, the pump is incased in a thin layer of foam so should be recognisable by touch, but I think you might end up having to remove the boot trim. I've done it a couple of times (alarm and Andymac sub:rockwoot:), ment removing rear seats and panel first.

5. Mike071288

Mike071288 Active Member

mine does this, but when i put the key in the ig nition the other door unlocks. If so then it sound like you might just need to get the key re-coded so it works with the remote central locking.

6. a3-ams

a3-ams Member

Mate
    This defo sound like your central locking pump. Its a pain trying to get a replacement the dealers want about £300.....:sob:

disconnect it and blow in the pipes you should see the locks moving, this means you dont have a leak!!!!

But if it is the pump make sure you get the same part number as they do vary....
    good luck

Ams

7. G4GAN

G4GAN A3on18s

Thanks guys will have A go at it tommro and let you know how it goes..
    :greyrs4: