1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Central Locking Control Unit (integrated in Pump?)

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by FactionOne, Sep 1, 2004.

1. FactionOne

FactionOne Well-Known Member

[Sep 1, 2004]
    Hey all,

I'm just wondering if anyone on here has replaced this part on their A3? Or simply knows how possible it is for me to do myself?

I've got a '98 model - without flip-out key/remote, so it's not a complicated model with integrated remote-locking stuff, so I was thinking it would be pretty simple to replace... [Actual part number: 8LO 862 257 A (which has been superceeded by the compatible 8LO 862 257 G apparently)]

Switching the actual hardware is pretty straightforward I would guess, but I'm just wondering how much is required on the software side (other than adding to the unit's coding in VAG-COM to re-enable the features my locking/alarm system had (lazy windows etc.)).

Is there anything else that would need to be set/coded in software? Is it stuff that can be done with a VAIO and VAG-COM?

My thanks for reading, and any help you can offer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

Rob.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 16, 2014]

3. foolish3uk

foolish3uk Member

[Sep 1, 2004]
    yeah its all integrated to the pump all you need to do is recoded the remotes and code the control unit!
  4. FactionOne

FactionOne Well-Known Member

[Sep 1, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    foolish3uk said:
    yeah its all integrated to the pump all you need to do is recoded the remotes and code the control unit!

[/ QUOTE ]

foolish3uk - you're a star!

Cheers! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I'll get on to those helpful chappies at vagparts tomorrow and order myself a new unit and hopefully before long I'll have a working alarm again! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The information you've given has made it two out of two today - I got hold of some tamper-proof bits today so I can clean/replace my air mass meter too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks again, remind me I owe you some cold beer if we cross paths!

Regards.

Rob.