1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Central locking code A3 8L

neilthebath Sep 1, 2013

1. neilthebath

neilthebath New Member

Can anybody advise me, ive managed to delete my central locking code without making a note of it arrrrrr idiot
    where can i get this code from does anybody have any idea, or would it be easier to buy a new/second hand central locking control,
    i have got Vagcom, if anybody in the Tonbridge area needs a scan give us a shout
    any help greatfully appriecated Neil

2. @udi A3

@udi A3 Site Sponsor Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

if you mean the soft coding, you should get a popup box in the coding menu to guide you through putting a new code in.

Do you have genuine vcds? I only ask as you refer to it as vagcom stll, I wouldnt want you scanning my car given what you have posted though llol.

for future reference always auto scan or copy the coding before working on the car :D

3. neilthebath

neilthebath New Member

Yes it was the soft coding ive managed to sort it now thanks, it was an accident and i have saved a copy now,in case i do it again inadvertinle lol
    dont be put of by my mistake lol and i have genuine VCD
    thanks for help

4. @udi A3

@udi A3 Site Sponsor Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

We all do noob things, its always good practice to auto scan first though :D
    If your cable is genuine add your name to the user map in the vcds section :D

5. neilthebath

neilthebath New Member

ive tryed to add myself to the map but it says ive not got enough posts