1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Central Locking Click; Should I be Concerned?

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by jdp1962, Sep 3, 2007.

1. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Sep 3, 2007]
    Just recently, when I've locked and unlocked the car, in addition to the usual
    gentle "thud" of the locks, there has been a separate, clicking noise emanating from the rear offside wing area. I seem to recall that this is where the central locking/alarm control unit is located.

Is there any reason I should be concerned by this clicking noise? For example, could it be a dodgy solenoid?

Ideas, please.:beerchug:
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 16, 2014]

3. Macduff

Macduff Member

[Sep 4, 2007]
    Could be the lock for the fuel filler flap. Have you check to see if it actually locks when you lock the car? I had this fail on our Bora.
  4. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Sep 4, 2007]
    You were right, Macduff. The click was the sound of the fuel filler flap locking pin striking the slot as it passed through when locking. Only thing is, I now have a new problem. As I was fiddling with the pin, I inadvertently hit the "unlock" button on my remote key fob & the pin got detached from its linkage. Then, when I let go of the pin, it disappeared through the hole, into the rear panel.

So now I need to now how easy it is to remove the rear offside trim lining from the boot (it's a saloon, BTW), to try and retrieve and re-attach the locking pin.
    :keule::keule:

Can anyone help with this one?