Central locking auto locking constantly

bob2312

Reaction score
Had this prob a couple of months but now is running down battery overnight .it started with the drivers door not being indicated on the panel when open all the others do,the speaker in the drivers door stopped working and now the car locks itself every couple of inns and you need to pull the door handle a couple of times to exit the car ,have read a couple of posts that suggest the wiring loom car is at garage in morning anything else I should get them to look for this,also can the auto lock function be turned off my car is a 2001 model with only front electric windows Thanks

You could check the rubber boot by the door hinge as these can fray/break due to usage, the door locks can get gunk inside & affect the microswitches etc, so could be this not signalling properly, shorting, that would be my 1st locations to check.

It keeps relocking because the switch that tells it you have opened the drivers door isn't getting back to the central locking control ECU (which is also why the DIS shows the drivers door status incorrectly).

The fact that you have problems with the speaker in that door too suggests a problem with the loom and/or connector - most likely cause I suspect is damp getting into the door harness connector.

Just got car back,there were some broken wires which have been fixed one was for the c/l so that should be sorted ,but it appears the micro switch in the lock is faulty so getting that done when weather is better so hopefully no flat battery tomorrow morning ,thanks for the help