20v-turbo

Reaction score
central lockin and fob and my electric windows are not workin

the iluminated switches for the windows does not iluminate any more
door lock or de lock button on door card orr on key does not work

but y electric mirrors and interior lights work

its not a fuse

can anyone help please :(

Sounds like convenience module to me, is it just the drivers door with issues mainly as you could check the loom that passes from the pillar to the door, maybe some wires have got damaged or broken.

That is the conv module aswell.

Can you open windows???

But definitely this is a central locking pump. It get wet. Remove it and check before is to late.

hmm i know the pumps bit wet ha

both windows dont work or fob,,,, right ill take the pump out for inspection

as for the convinience module i have no idea where that is as its not under the drivers footwell with the fuse box and realys

thanks rhys

ahhh,,, doh :),, so simply take it out the boot ect

very strange that things go to pot cause of one thing,,, ill have look tonight

yeah the convenience module is the same part as the pump, not in passenger footwell, thats on passat, their a pain in the ****, mine has gone twice, theres a few common problems with them, yours doesnt sound like the impeller, more like a problem on the circuit board to me. if you replace the whole box be careful to match the part number EXACTLY, and you will still need to get it reprogrammed 99 times out of 100

Last edited:
i really hate not having windows i can open :(

wackd the pup of earlier had look lookd ok

have a pump i cd try fit of an a4 see if its tht, but ill be buying vagcom soon enough so i can diagnose the problem

also if it helps the door light doesnt come on now when doors open, but the light will wrk if u turn it on manualy

Sounds like the convenience module to me (the PCB housed in the central locking pump)... when you disconnect it, the central locking stops working and so do the windows, don't expect your car to be alarmed either!

****** wierd :/ anyway i can test the module , or is it posible to have windows without the pump?

thanks

You need vcds bottom line before you do anything else.

Well no, you can have windows without the pump, you just need to know what your doing.

The pump sends a 12v signal down a particular wire to tell the window regulators they are allowed to operate. Simply splice this wire to 12v and the windows work fine. I know this because i've ditched the central locking system in my track car, and wanted the drivers window to still operate, so i figured out the wires and made it work.

Its a bit pointless for a normal road car though, just replace the central locking pump.

You could probably stick a temporary jumper wire in while you sort out another pump though. You want to put an ignition live onto pin A11 (red/black) at the locking pump, the live can be sourced from pin A8 (Black/Blue). Pump unplugged ofcourse.