central locking and alarm leds

steve bain

Reaction score
hi everyone.

my central locking stopped working so with the great advice off here i replaced the graphite fan wotsit within the c/l pump and the c/l now works again off the fob, button etc etc.

but the small alarm leds no longer flash. when i lock the car the indicators and hazard switch flash so assume it is arming, but the leds don't flash.

I know the alarm gubbins is in the same box as the c/l so do you think i may have disturbed something? i was unlocking and locking the car for a week or so with the key so that may have confused it.

any ideas? i'll plug in vcds tonight and wipe any codes for a clue but thought i may be able to get a some advice too if anyone else had this. my suspicion is the plug may not be quite in and connecting or something like that.

also, where is the siren?

Thanks in advance.

Steve

so I stuck vcds on it and it throws up:

01134 Alarm Horn H12
49-10 No communications

I cleared it and it came straight back.

so I have been fiddling around with the cl pump, do you think I could have damaged the sounder or perhaps the cable? and help appreciated.

the internet also shows this code stops the leds flashing.

Steve

My central locking doesnt work off the key fob of my 1999 audi a3 1.8 petrol turbo quattro,also when i lock the driver side door or unlock the passenger door remains locked or unlocked..can anyone help please