1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Central locking, alarm and windows

a3Garry Jan 24, 2013

1. a3Garry

a3Garry New Member

Hi
    Looking for some advice.

My 2001 audi a3 had a problem with the central locking, do by doing some research, learned it was to do with the central locking pump.
    I took this out and found that the internal compressor wheel had shattered (common fault).
    Having fixed this and putting it all back together, I tested with the fob, which locked it 1st time, however, when trying it again, I got nothing.... Then realising the alarm and the electric windows now don't work as well.
    Does anyone know what to check next? Or possible know where I have went wrong?
    I was thinking it was either a fuse or I would just need a [COLOR=blue !important][FONT=inherit !important][COLOR=blue !important][FONT=inherit !important]brand [/FONT][COLOR=blue !important][FONT=inherit !important]new[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] pump altogether (i replaced with a pump from a scrap yard with same code).
    Thought I would see if anyone could give me advise first as I'm new to this sort of thing.

Thanks

Garry