1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cemersons countdown thread begins

Discussion in 'New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)' started by Sandra, Jul 26, 2013.

1. RossR

RossR Member

I've only had it complain once and that was when I actually had let go as an experiment.
  2. cemerson

cemerson Well-Known Member

Really? I might have a moan about it to the dealer then
  3. A3sportbackMark

A3sportbackMark Member

Yep, exactly the same for the SE trim
  4. cemerson

In case anyone is interested in my towbar electrics troubles...

Went to the dealer today but he's not sure they can do anything, but is going to check. I also asked about the ACC extra menu (to change the default distance), and turning off the detection for whether you are holding on to the steering wheel or not for the lane assist (mine keeps beeping and saying i've let go when I haven't!), and he's going to try to get both of those done as well.

They also have an s-tronic 184PS A3 in at the moment which he is going to try and get for me for the day while my car is in, which will be an interesting comparison :)
  5. snakehips

snakehips Member

I'd be interested in the comparison if you do get the chance.
  6. 97catalunya

97catalunya Member

Argh how can they not supply it to UK standards? If they can't I would suggest requesting your money back for the tow bar option! Either that or they will have to pay someone to bring it to UK spec without voiding your warrantee.
  7. cemerson

It's not UK spec, it's an international spec (although obviously used in the UK as well)! IOS 11446. I requested it was wired to this beforehand, and he confirmed it would be. The issue is that the 12V switched lines aren't connected. I don't even really need them at the moment, but I might do in the future. Most manufacturers won't bother connecting these for some reason (probably cost saving) but should do it on request. If they are going to advertise 13 pin electrics, it should be to the documented standard!
  8. 97catalunya

97catalunya Member

That's exactly the point! You may not need them right now but as long as they bring it to spec! It's an expensive option after all! I know you won't let it go though ;)
  9. cemerson

Was in Wales this weekend and managed to run over a rock which completely wrecked my back right tyre - the road was barely wider than the car so couldn't do a lot! Luckily there was no other damage or scratches anywhere, so put on the space saver (worked great, and all the tools you get to work with are brilliant as well). Managed to get a new tyre in Bangor today after a 50mph drive, very quick to do, and is an identical tyre to the ones on there (even being the Audi specific 'A0' one), so that was good! Space saver back in the boot, everything back to normal! Bit of an adventure (and an expensive one at that), but everything went very smoothly so can't complain really!
  10. snakehips

snakehips Member

Bummer! I assume you didn't take out tyre insurance? Would it have made a difference in this case?
  11. cemerson

I don't know as I don't know the details of tyre insurance, but I've now got the new one insured for a year through kwik fit for a tenner, thought I might as well!
  12. cemerson

Well, car is dropped off but didn't get the 184PS A3, got a 2.0TDI SE A4. I don't like it that much really, lower power (or power/weight ratio anyway), offset pedals, no toys, and just too big to park!
  13. JohnnyM100

JohnnyM100 Member

The pedal offset on the A4 is noticeable but not as bad as the offset on the A5 which is just huge...

Hope you get your car sorted in only 1 day so you can get back to A3 bliss.

John.
  14. cemerson

Yeh, I'm picking it up tonight so hopefully back in my A3 soon enough! I'm really noticing the lack of hold assist, and kept having to tell myself that the cruise control wasn't going to slow down to meet the car in front as it wasn't adaptive!
  15. cemerson

Or not.... they just rang me to say it has to stay in till tomorrow, grr